View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:36 AM
peaceandjoy

Default Expedit Cutting/Craft Table

I guess it's time for me to stop saying I sew in our family room and start saying that my sewing room also has a tv and loveseat... After much dreaming, I finally bought Expedit book cases from Ikea, added legs and a custom countertop and now have both a lot of storage and a great work space for cutting/crafting. No more aching back!

Wanted laminate counter for durability for various crafts. We could have made one from wood and a sheet of laminate, but would have had to wait several months for it to be warm enough to glue laminate to the wood. Top measures 36" x 76"; there are a total of 16 cubbies that are 13" h x 13" w x 15" deep.

The Snapware that is pulled out is meant for Christmas ornaments; I bought the first one after Christmas years ago and found it fits fat quarters and strips perfectly. Without the top on, they fit in the cubbie as if made for it!
Attached Thumbnails snapware.jpg   expedit-front-left.jpg   expedit-front-right.jpg   expedit-top.jpg   expedit-working-easy-street.jpg  

expedit.jpg