View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:44 AM
trivia42

Default Hello from Kansas City

I'm Ashley and I found this board via a pinterest link. I'm a novice quilter who tends to jump in the pool with both feet and then get a cramp. I sew on two machines, one is a basic Kenmore made by Janome and one is a vintage Dressmaker that I recently picked up at a thrift store and am in LOVE with! I prefer more modern geometric patterns that trick the eye a bit but I have a soft spot for colors on white backgrounds too.
I've been sewing all my life, it seems, but quilting is a newer habit. So far I've limited myself to lots of mug rugs and smaller projects just to have the gratification of finishing stuff and not getting overwhelmed before my confidence is built up a bit. I'm anxious to start a bigger project, possibly this spring. I work in a fabric store in the Kansas City area that sells recycled fabrics (i.e. clean out your stash and we buy it and resell it.) so I'm sucked into beautiful fabrics on most days and the customer creativity is awesome so hopefully I can use all my sources for fun pieces.
I'll probably lurk for quite a while learning everything I can. Thanks for the community!

Oh, when I'm not sewing or working I have a chocolate Cocker Spaniel named Max, an orange tabby named Charlie and you can find me sucked into a murder mystery, baking or running on a local trail.