Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 PM
nancia

hey, miss elisabrat! there ain't no party if you is not invited! i will share candy and other sweets with you, if you will share with me! i am not a liar, well, that is, i don't actually lie, it just looks like it 'cause i refuse to be wrong... a very narrow tightrope! i was up all night sewing, sooooo much fun, and then couldn't sleep when i did go to bed, so this afternoon i had a sandwich and laid down my old head, and clunk, i went to sleep! now, i'll probably spend all tonight sewing and be in the same boat again. i must have been born at night! my natural rhythm is to be a night owl. i get lots done when the rest of the world sleeps!
i have been picking up tips on quilting, the actual sewing the top, batting and backing. ricky timms says, first it depends on what you CAN do, like if you're good with swirls, do swirls, and you know, it's very free-ing. i love to make patterns and designs as i go. it's like drawing pictures of anything you want! it is so much fun, so i thought i would share with everyone the essential truth--- do what you can! if you are good at straight lines, do those! if you are having fun with spirals, do those! no need to do feathers and medallions if those aren't what you're good at! you can always practice those on paper to get good at them if you want, but there is NO quilt goddess that says you Have to do one motif or it's not quilting. This is what we do for fun, soooooo...... do what you can do and have fun!