View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 AM
patchsamkim

Default A day of sewing with friends

Yesterday had a day of sewing with friends...we had 9 of us all gathered in one living room...5 of us with machines...the rest doing hand work...had delicious soup and chili and lots of to go withs and a delicious cake for dessert. It was the first sewing day for us of the year. Always so much fun to gather and sew, laugh, eat....it really helped me as I have been in a slump and am really hoping this well have helped me get out of it.

Many months we rent out a nearby facility for a Friday evening and all day Saturday sewing session...eating, etc. We hadn't had a sewing day since October and were really bummed when we found out that where we usually go was booked for the day we wanted. We have February through May booked, as well as September through November. I love having those days to look forward to.

We also gather every Friday evening for a few hours of friendship and sewing and of course a dessert.

Does anyone else have a group of friends that you get together with on a regular basis to sew with?