Thread: Buttonholes
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:12 AM
BoJangles

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391035[/ATTACH]Ok you guys, this is so cool! I got out a couple of my buttonhole attachments last night. The first one I tried would not work on my 15-88 treadle/handcrank. I thought that was weird so I tried a second one. They looked exactly the same except for the case they were stored in being two different colors. Comparing the 2 buttonhole attachments I could easily see the first one was actually a slant attachment! So on to the 2nd buttonhole attachment. It went right on the Singer 15-88 with a little adjusting to the thread cutter. Following the instruction booklet - luckily I have an instruction booklet - I did a practice buttonhole using only the hand crank on the machine. Wow was I blown away! What a great job that little gizmo did! So on to the jeans! I put in a buttonhole going around it twice using only the HC. How cool is that! I don't think I will ever go back to trying to put a buttonhole in again with one of my expensive 'new' machines!

Those jeans are a size 1 for my granddaughter, and the place where a zipper use to be is only 2.5"s! One button is perfect, and of course my Singer 15-88 HC/Treadle doesn't care how thick the fabric is!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391026[/ATTACH]
Nancy
Attached Thumbnails buttonhole-attached.jpg   buttonhole-kassjeans.jpg  

Last edited by BoJangles; 01-27-2013 at 06:25 AM.