Old 01-27-2013, 07:03 AM
BoJangles

Well everyone who is not following all the new 'threads' popping up here, I was inspired to try a vintage Singer buttonhole attachment for the first time yesterday. I have had a pair of size 1 jeans sitting around here since Thanksgiving. They had a broken zipper - a 2.5" zipper. I couln't find a heavy duty zipper that small, nor did I look forward to trying to put a zipper that size in a pair of jeans. The jeans belong to a 16 year old granddaughter who was hoping Gramama could fix. After reading how easy the buttonhole attachments are to use I decided to try to put a button in the place of the now ripped out zipper! Wow, was I amazed! I have several of those attachments, but had never tried to use one! I put the buttonhole attachment on my Singer 15-88 treadle, did a practice buttonhole using only the HC and walla - a perfect button hole! I will never go back to using my 'new' very expensive electric machines to try and put in button holes again! I just love love love that little buttonhole attachment![ATTACH=CONFIG]391039[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]391040[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails buttonhole-attached.jpg   buttonhole-kassjeans.jpg