View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 AM
vhord620

Default Help identify please!

I just got back the machine my mother bought for me in the mid 50's. She never sewed, but wanted me to do good in Home Ec. I know it was a sacrafice for her, she made payments.

I used it during high school and some when my daughters were young making thier clothes. Then it sat idle. When she was 70 she started quilting, became obsessed (like the rest of us) and made over 200 quilts until she had to give it up because of carpel tunnel syndrome. She's offered it back to me many times, but I didnt have room.

I lost my mother last week at age 90. I miss her terribly, but she had a long life with a loving family. No way could I let someone else have that machine. My brother brought it to me yesterday.

Best I can find online it's similar to a Singer 15. It had Hoover decals, Singer attachments, a Janome M-109 motor and is a Delux Precision Built made in Japan. Stamped on the front lower frame is H757522. I've searched without success to see if that is a serial number. Can anyone help? I have downloaded the Singer 15 manual and its close, but I dont have the emb/darn/norm dial on the top.
It's in a wood cabinet with drawers and has fold out top on both sides.

It still sticthes like a new machine.
Viv

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391076[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails hoover-sewing-mach-pic-1.jpg