View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:07 AM
fayzer

If the adults you want to make quilts for are truly "quilt worthy" they will appreciate all of your hard work. Most of the time any little boo boos you make won't ever show once you have washed and dried the quilt. Just have fun and don't stress over everything so much. There are things that will make quilting easier. You will need a pair of quilting gloves to help you move the quilt around. If you can, put a table on the left side to hold the weight of the quilt off of the floor and the rest of the quilt in your lap. Keep turning the quilt so you are quilting toward the outside border. Puddle the quilt under the needle and quilt in about a 8" area at a time. Cover your sewing surface with clear plastic you can buy at JoAnn's. You don't need but about 1/2 yard. I taped it to my sewing table and cut a small hole where the needle goes into the hole to make the quilt slide easier.. Use the same thread in the bobbin as on the machine.Also watch LOTS of You Tube videos. You can do this and it will look great.

Ok everybody, jump in here. What have I left off or do you have better suggestions for Margie. Just take a deep breath and practice on small layered pieces like mug rugs before you try a quilt.

Last edited by fayzer; 01-27-2013 at 09:10 AM.