Old 01-27-2013, 09:09 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

JanRN and Anael ... good point about some blocks with less yellow. There's been times I could have done that, and tried not to, thinking i had to keep to more of a pattern. See bottom right with the cows coming home and the one above it, there's dark to the edge, but both with more yellow than the top left. Will work on that! Kind of like MercysLand's mention in one of the books, that a dirty block gives the eye a place to rest!

JanRN ... I almost pointed out that the quilt did not need more yellow and was thinking of you, the whole time!

Anael ... the blue boot is actually a skate! When I put away my Christmas ornaments, I kept it out, thinking it might be a pattern to an addition to the next Fr♥sty!

GGal ... I think the old fashioned cheddar is a stronger colour than mine. It's a batik, so has some movement with the shading that has a touch of pink to it. I wish I had enough of it to use for the backing now.

Backing? ... What colour do you think I should consider? I had been planning on those kitties I bought some time ago but now that it looks like I am going bigger ......... I see a somewhat plain backing as then I will send it to the LAQ. She did a beautiful job of the FWS and it could easily be reversable to a full cloth look, so am thinking the same for this one.

As always, everyone's thoughts are more than appreciated!
And more are most welcome!!