Old 01-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Anael

I'm home again. We spend over 2 hours in hospital. According to the nurses they are very very sick tiny little ones but hanging in. My DS forgot to take his camera with him and one of the nurses told him never to forget it again. They should take lots and lots of pictures whenever they can because you never know what happens.
They're so tiny, you can't imagine. The picture with the nurse's hand? My DDIL said to me this nurse had small hands! So that puts it even more in perspective. My DS was allowed to help change Bram's diaper! He even could hold him in his hands for a very short moment. Watching Bram you can see he's breathing for short periods of time. Isa tried to open her eyes a few times and sometimes she really did. When you're talking to them they seem to get quiet, like they're listening and hear something familiar. I'm not allowed to touch them though which is ok with me. I would love to but I fully understand why not.
It's very clear to me I have to take my phone with me everywhere I go and be ready 24/7.
And on the bright side: I can make them little hats and small sheets to put their heads on. This way they have something of their own. My DDIL was very happy to hear that. So tomorrow I'm going to buy the softest fabric I can find and make those hats and sheets.
My DGS Mick picked two soft toys for Isa and Bram and he was very clear about which one was for Isa and which one for Bram. He points at their pictures and says: Isa, Bam! He's one little scared boy right now, afraid his mom and dad will leave again without telling him. Yesterday he didn't want to go to sleep as last week when he woke up my DDIL and DS weren't there anymore and he had no idea where they were and when they would be back.

QuiltE, I'm using the same block, Woven Ribbons from Quilter's Cache. I just pick different colours each time so it will be a scrappy, colourful quilt. At least I hope it will become quilts. I did the math: they are 14 weeks premature, one block a day makes two quilts 7 x 7 blocks, each block finishing at 12".