View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Cathou

Hello everyone that commented… I’ll try to answer questions from different posts. First, thank you for let me know that you enjoy seeing my sewing room. My goal was to share my solution because I spent the week looking on Internet for answer and being from the province of Québec the choice was limited. I looked into the Gidget II but there was no way for me to buy this here. Yes, I guess it is my nature to be neat!! In fact, it has to be neat for me to be able to sew!! The table top and the legs are from the VIKA collection. The table is very sturdy and it can hold up to 110 lb. Again at IKEA, I bought these big brown boxes (left of the shelf unit) to store my batting, my wool, my fabric and my tools. There is an identifier on the box so it is easy to find what I need. My stash is in the shelf unit itself. It’s in the 2 green storage boxes on the bottom and I have two clear ones above that. It’s true that having my desk face the window would give me great daylight but my daughter often comes and does her homework on the other desk so this way we can talk. While surfing the Net, I found Leah Day and she’s the one that made me want a flatbed. I was very inspired by her recommendations and one of them was to put the desk against the wall to prevent the quilt from falling, something I will do when I’ll be quilting. Thank you again.