View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 03:05 PM
delma_paulk

Seven of us meet on Tuesday afternoons at our leaders house. She used to have a crafts store and we all took classes from her and when she retired we decided we still wanted to be with her and do "stuff" we painted, and painted some more, did all sorts fo crafts and we were making stained glass pavers when our leader said lets try quilting? Four of these women had never sewn a stitch in their lives......so off they went and bought sewing machines, inexpenive ones from WalMart cause they did not think they would be doing this long, then some material and we have been steadly quilting for several years now. I would not trade this group of wonder women for anything, they get me through the rest of the week and make my life so rich.

Every week we have snacks and each one takes turns bringing whatever they wish for that. I took cinnamon rolls the last two times, my daughter makes them and they say that's all you need bring. I took some cheese and crackers to go along with them last time and they were not touched. DD surely makes delicious buns and we are all addicted to them.

I hope that each of you will be able to find a few friends to quilt with on a regular basis. We do not have a guild, just friends getting together doing what we love. We do not have dues or contests or rules and regulations. It is such a wonderfully fun thing and I am blessed to have these ladies in my life.

delma from North Central Florida