View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 04:31 PM
AFQSinc

Your design sounds interesting and fun. What a stroke of luck on your wool finds! I've been collecting bits of wool for awhile now and I have an ok little stash going. I'm hoping to find a little bit more at an upcoming fibre festival. The rug hookers have a booth and they always brings tons of wool and decent prices. I hope that you'll share pics of your project as you can.

Originally Posted by Wunder-Mar View Post
Sorry ladies - have been down with bronchitis - which was almost cleared up when the superflu hit me. Now that I am among the living again, I can offer some details of the quilt. I have purchased some white wool, about 50x50 square for the background of a wall hanging. I think it'll be a wall hanging, anway. Over the years I have been collecting small wool pieces and hit the jackpot at a regional quilt festival where I found a box of multicolored die-cut wool circles, ranging from 1" diamater to 2 or 2 1/4" in diameter. I want the circles to seem to be floating somewhat cohesively in an open design, like a bunch of bubbles coming out of a source on the lower left area of the quilt; the circles will be connected by wool stitches. I would have continued to collect wool scraps but was pushed into action when a gentleman walked into a guild meeting and offered a Supersatchel filled with wool threads from his deceased wife's wool embroidery. I'll surely do more than this wall hanging with the threads, but it's a start and there are soooo many colors to play with.

THANK YOU ALL who responded, confirming my initial guess of backing and optional batting.