Old 01-27-2013, 04:32 PM
hav4boys

Sent mine in. Been a rough week on the homefront. Monday at our yearly eye doctor appointment, the eye doctor was concerned with my 15 year old. He said his face was drooping on the left side. I did not see it. He then did some test having him stand with his eyes closed and he could not stand up right. He swayed like a tree in the wind. The could not march in place with his eyes closed. When the doctor did sould tests, Adam could not hear well on the left side. He asked me to go in his office and make an appointment with his doctor. We went the next day.

My son had an acoustic neuorma on the auditory nerve running from his left ear to his brain. He has been having headaches for three months and an upset stomach. Never did I relate the two to having vertigo. Adam said he was dizzy when he gets up but he hears people talking about being off balance. I told him that is at 65 not 15. Please pray for my boy. We see the head and neck surgery unit on Thursday. I have been told our options are radiation (maybe) or surgry. The surgry is 12 hours long and he will be in the hospital for a week and it will take two months to recuperate. He will have no hearing in his left year. I do not want this for my son.

Okay, enough about me. Just trying to come to grips with this.