Old 01-27-2013, 05:06 PM
BoJangles

So Joe, are the buttonholers catagorized by the color of their box/case? The first one I tried to attach to my 15-88 did not work. I took the thread cutter off and still no go, which puzzled me because I know those old Singer buttonhole attachments are suppose to work on the vintage machines. So I got out a different buttonhole attachment - the mechanism looked exactly the same until I compared them side by side. It was obvious that the first one I tried to attach to my Singer 15-88 treadle was for a slant machine! It came in a burgundy case. The second one I tried went right on the 15-88 - a low shank attachment that came in a green case. Both the attachments are black and look identical except for the slant part. I also have a white Singer buttonholer that uses plastic templates instead of the metal ones like the first two buttonholers. What machine does the white one go to? I saw the photo of your buttonhole attachments on the "buttonhole" thread. You have my 3 plus several more! Can you label them and take a photo for us? Do you know what those buttonholers work on?

Nancy