Old 01-27-2013, 05:57 PM
irishrose

Mousie, use a pound of butter or lard. That's closer to fat. I've only lost a pound this month, but when I look at a pound of butter I feel better.

Today I found out something I didn't know. Weight gain is a side effect of Lyrica - it's known as the the 'Lyrica belly'. Sh!! I can't give it up and go back to the nerve pain in my back and foot, but I am surely not going ask my Dr to increase the dose as I was thinking of doing.

Mousie, your signature line, "The stuff you accumulate takes looking after" hits home. At this point in my housekeeping life, it takes stepping around. My bedroom is as cluttered with clothes as my body is with fat. I straightened the closet for a while this morning, but I didn't part with anything. That won't do. What's the best way to store purses? Since I can no longer be a shoe whore (not my term), I am becoming a purse wh---. No more red high heeled slingbacks,but several red purses, etc. Red - I wore a red sweater, a red wool coat and carried one of the red purses to church this morning. Did I say I like red?

I've taken it easy today except for dog walking, but I'll work on my quilt during Dowton Abbey. Lots of snow coming down so walking was pretty. Thank goodness, my neighbor does my shoveling.

Have a good evening, y'all.