Old 01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
nancia

whoa, d'smom-- i used to speak vin also! i was title clerk for the number 1 fleet dealership at the time. we sat through most of october and then WHAM! thousands of vehicles to be processed NOW. unfortunately i am a slow typist and just because i've done a process 50 times that day does not mean i remember how to do it the 51st time. but they referred to me as the overqualified title clerk. i had none of the skills needed for that job, but i was 'educated' and therefore overqualified. i can type pretty fast with the 3 fingers i use ( 2 on one hand and 1 on the other). during the interview the sales manager asked if i knew 10 key? at my blank look he pointed to the numbers on the right of the keyboard. i said oh. yes. and he brightened and said, without looking?. i said of course not! why would they put the numbers there if they didn't want you to look?? silly man! don't ask me how, but i got the job anyway. lol my co-workers were very nice to me when i'm sure they wanted to run over me on a daily basis. after a couple years i went back to teaching. i actually was qualified to do that!