View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:46 PM
reneaunoel

Try small projects, like Table Runners, Bed Runners, Mug Rugs and Coasters. Free motion quilt pebbles (or bubbles, like mine just turned into!) breathe, you are having fun! And if you get or feel "stuck" using white thread, on those smaller projects, use hot pink, or "road crew orange" thread! Those projects make me smile, even as I see my "bad" stitches!

By the way, those muslin practice sets, I cut up and edge them for coasters. Haven't had a single complaint yet. Yes, I did give these items to friends at work and they all "ooohd and ahhhhd" over them. And you don't have to use only muslin to practice on, I used green and Camo material and that lovely orange thread, made a little blanket for the dog to snooze on.

I've seen that people have turned their practice pieces into animal blankets, for the local animal rescues. Trust me, the dogs don't complain and while the cats may look snooty, they do love their blankets in the sun! The cats who claim me, all approve of each project, though they do complain about mug rugs not being big enough!

Enjoy yourself. Relax, you will do good!