Old 01-27-2013, 08:46 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
The SLANT button holer says SLANT on the top of the shank - some of the others say STRAIGHT but not all of them say STRAIGHT. I have used plastic cams or metal - they seem to work either way
You will know as soon as you try to install it if it doesn't fit the machine. I have one that looks real odd - don't know what it goes to - shank has a little pin inside it
Thanks Miriam, but the burgundy one doesn't say 'slant' anywhere - on the shank, on the attachment, or on the box! The one that came in the green box doesn't say 'straight' anywhere on the attachment, nor box. So does that mean I got the odd balls? There are always exceptions to the rules it seems! At least now I know what to look for if I find a buttonhole attachment that is not in a colored case!

Thank you Joe, I will remember about the maroon, (burgundy), red, or pinkish boxes being for a slant! That is very good to know. I figured that had to be the case after I examined my two different buttonholers. You would think the box/case would be marked slant!

Nancy