View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:52 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Oh Margie, you sweet lady. What sort of awful adult would comment on your quilting skills when you present them with a comfy, cozy gift of love? Yes, quilting does elevate a quilt to something very different. I don't have that skill at the moment, but I'm learning. I have an embroidery machine and have done small pieces on it with great success. By small, I mean QAYG squares that will be sewn into larger pieces and doll quilts and wall hanging size quilts and runners. On larger quilts that are difficult to manipulate, I either do stitch in the ditch or parallel stitching. I've just started to do FMQ and am practicing on small pieces. I cannot yet imagine doing it on a large quilt. A QB friend who has a long arm told me that using it is like holding a pencil and drawing on a piece of paper while doing it on a regular sewing machine is like moving the paper around under the pencil to create a drawing. So much harder. Do the best you can do and take baby steps and know that you are learning with each quilt you make. If anyone dares to point out any errors, snatch that quilt right out of their hands! They don't deserve something from a lady as sweet as you!