View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 AM
palandrum

Red face Git'er Done Quilt

Here's the story: Christmas is coming. I need to make something for the grandkids. JoAnn's is having a sale on flannel - 2 yd minimum at $2.99/yd. Great, wonderful! Bought variety, had shipped to house. Changed my mind on their gifts. Christmas is over - what do I do with all this flannel? Made multiple chenille potholders - didn't make a dent in the stack. Made chenille houseshoes - still overloaded with flannel and no place to store it. Let's rethink this. I need a project that will use up lots of fabric in a short amount of time. VOILA! Rag quilt - big one! Now I think I need to use some of the red and black with Tim-tex and make a set of checkers to use on the back side - that way the grandkids can really take up a lot of space, get noisy and have fun with Nana's foible. The quilt turned out the size of a queen bed top. Sure is snuggly and big enough to really wrap up in. On second thought, think I'll keep it just for me, ha ha. Irony, I still have enough to make another (but now have room to store the leftovers, so another day.....).
Attached Thumbnails img_0191_sm.jpg   img_0193_sm.jpg   img_0192_sm.jpg