View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:06 AM
borntoquilt

Originally Posted by schoolteacher View Post
Been trying to find a group in my area to do this. Last month another quilter and I got together to gossip and sew. So much fun!!
This is a perfect example of not having "at least" your STATE in the "location" box! Schoolteacher may have a quilter just around the corner from her (or next town) who also belongs to QB. How fun would THAT be?? I KNOW we all have reasons for not posting locations and that is fine. I am not trying to start anything here. But I would NEVER have found the woman in the next sub-division from me had I not had my town and state posted.... When we travel I always post a "anybody live near blah blah-want to get together" type post. I have met some of the nicest ladies that way. There is a small group in Phoenix area who pre-arranged to meet @ the PHX Quilt Show about 3 years ago. None of us even knew what the others looked like. We had a designated time and spot to meet. We were supposed to wear a small name badge to identify ourselves. I didn't see anybody else looking puzzled like me, so, I pulled out my cell phone and called one of the #'s I had been given.... Ring Ring! Guess who was standing right NEXT to me with her back turned so I couldn't see her badge. How we laughed about THAT !! We had a blast along with 4 others. And the cool part is, some of them formed a group and are still meeting once a month. Can't wait to catch up with them for the PHX Quilt Show this coming weekend.... Ya just never know when/where you may meet your NEW BF. Happy Quilting everybody!!