View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 03:29 PM
chickadee_42us

Has anyone had this happen to them? I am trying to figure out how mine was taken by someone. It's never out of my hands/purse so I am positive it came from an online purchase. The only things I have purchased 'lately' are books from Amazon and I hate to say it a variety of LQS's for a quilt where different shops have a block you purchase and if wanted one of their completion layouts, this one is using Civil War Fabrics.

It has tried to purchase a $900.00 watch, download music and use it for something from Amazon. Amazon was my saving grace because they caught another someone trying to use my number and denied the purchase.

The bank is suppose to replace funds shown and any other charges which could arise from this.

What's your thoughts? Any hints as to protecting oneself from every having this happen again. I use my debit for everything. I love to use it the ease of online shopping. I used it a lot for one of my daughter's wedding and was afraid something like this would happen then with the many online purchases occurring, nope/nada.