Old 01-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Mousie, use a pound of butter or lard. That's closer to fat. I've only lost a pound this month, but when I look at a pound of butter I feel better.

Today I found out something I didn't know. Weight gain is a side effect of Lyrica - it's known as the the 'Lyrica belly'. Sh!! I can't give it up and go back to the nerve pain in my back and foot, but I am surely not going ask my Dr to increase the dose as I was thinking of doing.

Mousie, your signature line, "The stuff you accumulate takes looking after" hits home. At this point in my housekeeping life, it takes stepping around. My bedroom is as cluttered with clothes as my body is with fat. I straightened the closet for a while this morning, but I didn't part with anything. That won't do. What's the best way to store purses? Since I can no longer be a shoe whore (not my term), I am becoming a purse wh---. No more red high heeled slingbacks,but several red purses, etc. Red - I wore a red sweater, a red wool coat and carried one of the red purses to church this morning. Did I say I like red?

I've taken it easy today except for dog walking, but I'll work on my quilt during Dowton Abbey. Lots of snow coming down so walking was pretty. Thank goodness, my neighbor does my shoveling.

Have a good evening, y'all.
One doc wanted to give me Lyrica for my fibromyalgia and at the time I was so sick I just could not bring myself to take another medication.
I'm so glad I didn't get on the Lyrica. I have enough trouble losing weight.
I do take Cymbalta, but honestly on 30 mg a day, I cannot tell that it has helped with the fibro at all, so if you ever decide to change...it could do you more good than me, but you'll know that "possibly" it may take more than 1 capsule a day.
It does help with my depression though and for that I am thankful.
I have a hangup with either eating bc I am depressed or there have been periods in my life, where I would not eat much at all for the same reason.
I admit I am an emotional eater and come from a line of them.
I'm an emotional quilter too, so I am trying to look at some of my attitudes and make some changes. I've still got a lot of quilts left in me screaming to be made (music is a very good pill!)
Oh, while I am here: I had caught a sinus thingy three weeks ago and eventually I stopped exercising on my machine.
Last week I started changing my diet and gained a lot of energy back (low, low carbs+ high protein now).
Anyway, until this morning I had little idea what I weighed.
Even without exercise the scale said I had dropped 4 pounds.
That's a plus, but it may be that I have lost muscle, so I am not counting my chickens too soon.
I got back on after breakfast and managed 16 minutes before my i.b.s. kicked in.
I'll be back on again tomorrow...maybe before breakfast
But! I am encouraged.
Now I have a starting point and if it goes up a pound or so, I'll know it has to be muscle rebuilding and I will not be deterred.
This mouse shall fight the good fight forward!