Old 01-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem View Post
Ok, I have a mess today!!! My nephew at Thanksgiving asked me to make a quilt that could be auctioned off to raise funds for his church choir for the tour they are going on this summer. I don't remember when the auction is, maybe March or April. Anyway, I said yes but would need a reminder after Christmas cause I was too busy.
I have not received the reminder but thought I should get started on it. I have a pattern to use that I have used twice before, calls for 8 FQ's, 1 yd inner border/sashing (sort of) and 1 yard outer border.
I pulled every one of my Asian fabrics ( I have a few) trying to decide what to do. Yesterday and last night I had no inspiration. I think I have the ones now that I am using, it is some of the ones I got from our Secret Santa. The problem is I now have fabric totally covering my sewing desk, my cutting table and ironing board and the floor in front of my ironing board. I decided to re-arrange my fabric cabinets a little so that my Asian fabrics will be (mostly) together. It's going to take me a while to get this all put back together just so I have room to sew!!!!
Maybe I should pick out a second set and make 2 tops and which ever turns out better I will send to my nephew and the other will be here for someone who may need a quilt hug in the future.
Well, better get to work!!!
Gayle, you must be fast! Asian prints, yummy!
You will show us pics, yes?