View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:27 PM
nancia

oh, yes! i've just been rolling in laughter, roll, roll roll! yubetcha! i start my day early because i have some stuff that MUST get out today. notice the big MUST? i did too. so i start by auditioning 3 fabrics for binding and decide i will match the back because then it will be winter on either side, front or back. and i must say, it's going very well, this whole binding thing. grann of 6 showed me a new way of doing binding that looks great and doesn't require laborious hand stitching, which on a day when i don't have to get things done and out, i enjoy doing. but i'm trying to get this done. i get to the end where you have to overlap and then re-stitch and then finish..... and i put the incorrect sides together (i was going to say wrong sides but we all know with fabric, that's something different. so i unsew. then i get them placed, one over the other and i sew from the wrong corner, i un sew. then i very v-e-r-y carefully match the 2 fabrics, not by the holes i have now peppered them with, but by th right sides and corners, etc, and i stitch. it's RIGHT! halleluyah, i can hear brat singing now ( sorry, brat, it's not coming to your house, pout). soooooo, i pat the nice binding into place and it is just this little teensy, very small, hardly noticable, small bit too big. i am not going to un-sew!!!!! so i very carefully ease the extra in, and then turn the steam on it, and then it just looks 3 days pregnant-- just a very tiny teensy hardly noticable GLARING pootch. so i quickly grabbed a box, looked 3 rooms top to bottom for the tape ( it was under the box that i was trying to put together, called myself every synonym for stupid i could think of ( all three words) wrpped it in plastic, folded it in many ways, looked like mangled origami, and taped the box shut. fort knox should be as securely closed as this box! i forgot to put the person's address inside, in case it didn't make it all the way there in a box that is covered 200% in shipping tape. and why doesn't it have the address inside? because i don't have the address. it's still in the computer. and i'm so forgetful, i can't remember who it is i'm supposed to be sending it to. so i go to my laptop, the one with the power cord that you have to hold in place because it was made defectively, that's a story for tomorrow, and it won't let me have my mail. it says i have to sign in. i NEVER sign out, but it insists and gives me 5 chances and if i don't get it right by the fifth try little rabbit foo foo and i will be turned into goons ( hare today, goon tomorrow!) so i'm thinking, which would crack first? the laptop or the wall?? i can't afford a new wall so i call dh who is normally very techno-savvy and surprize! i have been hacked! oh, joy, oh thrill, oh, hot tamales! so, while you guys were playing games at the p.o. (and we know what that stands for, because by now i am very p.o.ed) i am left waiting for the powers at aol to allow me access to my e-mail, all 136 of them, and it is now 5:18, which is not only the perfect time for a drinky, but also 18 minutes past the time when the p.o. closes. it will go out in the morning. my dh assured me that my mother could not have been born the year she was because aol says that's not the right year, and they should freakin' know!! so pardon me while i keep on just a laughin' away at my funny, funny day! good times, and no, NO cookies. now i ask has anyone had more fun today??