View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by grandmahoney View Post
I hate it when a quilt shop has this beautiful quilt hanging up but they don't have any fabric that is in the quilt even in the shop. So If I had a shop I would never hang a quilt up unless I had the fabric in the store. Also I would give free quilting classes. This would draw more people in and hopefully they buy there material from my shop for the quilt class. I would also have fabric on sale that could be used for the class that was being taught.

The samples are to demonstrate the pattern and fabric inspiration. As we all know, it takes a while, money, to make and complete a quilt. What we dont know is if the fabric already has sold through and that the shop is not albe to re-order it because the vendor no longer has it available to sell to the shop. Why not ask the shop to help you select fabrics for the same pattern that is your taste, colors etc. a shop cannot possibly change quilt samples everytime a Collection sells thru. I love to see the samples and of course, it makes sense to rotate them but I dont need to duplicate the exact quilt with the same exact fabric choices. I like to make it in my colors and fabric choices. I really think the shops get exhausted trying to keep up with sample making, etc.

Sandy