Old 01-29-2013, 05:00 AM
romanojg

There are so many. This past week I embroidered a picture frame with a snowman, the white was done with Angelica Fibers so that it glistens. I'm finishing up a mesh beach bag for my daughter, she needed one that was big enough for her and her 2 kids things but one that wouldn't get messed up by sand or water. I've made a "stained glass" nativity scene and a 4 group pictures of African scenes for my daughter. I use my cutwork needles and have made book marks, an organizer set, a zippered coin purse, table runners and placemats, books for the grandkids, quilts (best not to forget that) you can quilt with it depending on your size of hoop, my Viking Diamond Deluxe has really large hoops plus the endless hoop. I made door hangers for the kids with their names so they can put them on their door knobs. When you go to different design websites most have a project section and a tutoril section, I always check them out for ideas. I know there are lots more including decorating clothes but it's hard to think of them all. If you get a chance to go to Floriani's workshops you'll get more ideas than you can imagine and its not to costly. I go to classes each month to learn more about my machine, to do embroidery and to learn more on using my 5D software. My favorite thing to do though is the cutwork using the cutting needles;its fantastic. This yr I'm going to also do portraits using my 5D software. Check to see where you can take classes. I know that even though my favorite store sells Vikings, they will let anyone with any machine take thier classes with no pressure to buy a Viking. We have a sew and vac store here and they have a monthly club that also allows people with any machine. In June I'll go down to Raleigh NC to the sewing convention and they have great classes as well and most there supply a machine so you don't have to take yours.