Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Knitette

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
I have a quilt in my closet that will never see the light of day, ever again. It is my very first quilt and I did not take the advice of my sister-in-law, who told me to start with an easy pattern. I took a pieced block and altered it and appliqued it to a white square block and sewed them all together - no seams matched and no points were pointy. Put the top away for 30+ years. Then my BFF was selling her long-arm machine and called me the very last day and asked if I had any tops that I wanted quilted as she had some batting left. So, I hurridly gathered up this quilt top and a few others and she quilted them for me with an easy panto. It was just as bad 30+ years later, so put it back in my closet, without any binding. Guess that I should cut off the backing and batting and put some sort of binding on it and give it to somebody needy. But, just too embarassed.
Get your quilt out of the closet and give it to a local charity. No matter how bad you think it is (and it will not be as bad as you think it is). You'll feel much better that all that effort years ago has not been wasted (not least for the learning experience it gave you). Someone is going to love that quilt! No one is ever going to know it was you that made it anyway.