View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Suzette316

About a week ago, I made two test pieces with all 8 colors of the Crayola Washable Markers. On the one piece of fabric, I simply took each color and wrote its name and a few squiggles using that color on a scrap piece of my quilting fabric. Then I did the same thing on another scrap piece, but I ironed that piece, just to see what would happen. I waited a week and just washed both pieces of fabric. On the one where I did NOT heat set, every single color came out (even yellow) completely after swishing in water with a bit of detergent in just a few seconds.

On the piece that was heat set, the only color that didn't come out completely was blue. Every other color disappeared completely - again, even the yellow.

So that's my experiment with these washable markers. For future quilts, I will always test on the actual fabric I want to use them on, of course, but it helps me to know that these really do have the ability to wash out completely, even when heat set (except for the blue in my test pieces).

Hope this helps some of you a bit!

Last edited by Suzette316; 01-29-2013 at 09:05 AM.