Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 AM
kellen46

you can use baking soda for many many things...for instance, did you know you can wash your hair with it. Mix one tablespoon of baking soda in a cup of water and pour it over your wet hair, massage it in and rinse it out. you will not believe this works until you try it, but it will get your hair squeaky clean. also it can be used as tooth paste and mixed one to one with cornstarch as bath powder or underarm deodorant. You can use it as a scouring powder on sinks and counter tops. Also I mix a two to one water/bleach solution in a spray bottle for counter tops, vinegar and water for glass and shiny surfaces. All these things can be found cheaply at the dollar store. The upside is if you are chemically sensitive as I am it will not trigger your allergies. I hate the "perfumy" smell they put in cleaning products. If you use the dollar store wisely you can find most all your non food needs there. I also live out in the country so only go to town once a week, as such my gas tank goes a long way. I find lots of usable good fabrics for quilting at the thrift shop as well as other things I might need around the house. Look inside those safety envelopes that bills and such are sent in, the paper is kind of pretty and can be reused for cards and collage projects. There are so many ways to find what you need cheaply or for free. I like being thrifty and recycling, and reusing as much as I can.