View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:01 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by quilting4five View Post
One of the very first quilts I made I gave to my collie I used it to practice free motion quilting and loved seeing her be cozy with it (she is one of those types of dogs that will walk through the house until she finds some fabric on the floor - a small dishtowel or one of the kids' sweatshirts - and then snuggle on that -- she really loves fabric!). Maybe your friend's dog was equally drawn to the love and comfort of your quilt...
Your dog and ours were cut from the same cloth, to coin a phrase. Bess will lay on a dirty t-shirt if it is on the floor. I made her a quilt big enough to lay on, big enough to cover her up with on a cold winter night. She ate it!!!!!!! Chewed holes all over it.......to the point that it wouldn't keep her warm anymore. She loved that quilt. Now she is older (10) and I can put anything over her to keep her snuggled (which she loves) (especially a down quilt - queen sized - and literally crawls under it,can't even see her. She is happy, warm, content. At least I know she appreciated the quilt I made her. I think our fur babies appreciate their warmth from a quilt more than we will ever know. It has our smell on it!!!!!!! Edie