Thread: Cross Stitching
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:08 AM
NJ Quilter

When I've framed mine, I get a piece of foam board at the craft store. Cut to size to fit inner dimensions of frame. After cross stitch piece is cleaned/dry, position on top of foam board. Use T pins to hold in place. Flip board over and just take elmers glue and put a bead of glue along all 4 sides of board underneath the fabric. Let dry. Remove pins and pop in the frame. I have pieces that I have done this way still hanging with no issues. I have found that most needlework pieces are not normal frame sizes. There are frames that you can buy in pieces - usually 2 pieces/pkg that you can make up odd sizes. Meaning, instead of say an 8 x 10 frame, you could get a package of 9 inch frame pieces and then a package of 11 inch frame pieces for a 9 x 11 frame. Styles/colors of these are usually not too extensive but I've been satisfied with the selection. If you want glass over your work, go to a glass shop/hardware store and have a piece cut for your odd size frame. The foam board cuts easily with a box-cutter/utility knife.