View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 AM
MTS
Banned

Just an FYI - the quote from my earlier post that you both included was incorrect. I did revise it in another post after Susiex3 pointed out my boo-boo.

Originally Posted by Michelekolt View Post
custmer wants a custom size wall hanging 3 ft x 7 ft. The only reason I'm looking for the pattern is for the fabric requirements.
Well, no pattern is going to have the requirements for that rather non-standard size.

Ignore the colors - I just do that in EQ to easily and quickly get the fabric requirements.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391766[/ATTACH]

This layout gets you close to 33"x86" including the borders - using a basic patch eize of 1.5" FINISHED (cut 2"), blocks are 7.5" FINISHED.

25patch blocks - 3/4 yard for each the colors and neutral.
Pinwheel blocks - 1 yard each for colors and neutral.

If you go up to a 1.75" FINISHED unit (cut 2.25"), block size 8.75" FINISHED, you'll be over the 36" width - maybe the customer is hanging it on the wall between two doors and that's the exact size she needs.
You could always adjust the borders if you wanted the larger block.
The fabric needed would increase only by about 1/8yd for the pinwheels.

You're going to end up with extra fabric anyway because you need a variety of colors to make it work.
If you buy 8-10 fat quarters for the colors and variety, you should have more than enough for the 25patch and pinwheel blocks.

This should easily take less than a day to cut and sew.
Picking the fabric will probably take longer. ;-)
Depending on how fast you work, you could have the whole thing quilted and bound as well.
Attached Thumbnails michelekolt.jpg  

Last edited by MTS; 01-30-2013 at 07:01 AM.