View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 07:07 AM
Pam S

Originally Posted by Nancyfarm View Post
Since I know how much people love their dog, I could probably learn to accept that. However..........I made a beautiful baby quilt for someone and they NEVER so much as thanked me for it or even acknowledged it being recieved. I know they got it from a mutual friend. Clearly THEY are off the list!
I guess I'm a slow learner. The same thing happened with my niece with a baby quilt I had to ship to CA. Finally called her mom months later to ask if she got it. Next baby, I sent it so that she had to sign for the package and I could track whether it was received. She got it. No response from her. The third time, I mentioned to my mother (her GM) that she never acknowledged the quilts. That time I got a thank-you note so I know she got an earful from grandma. Later I heard from my mom that neice was really upset because she showed up at the kids' daycare one day to find that it was closed by the gov't for tax fraud and no one was allowed in. She was upset because the two youngest kids' quilts were there and she thought she'd never get them back. I had labeled them with their names and mine so she was able to claim them. Guess she liked them after all - or at least the kids did!