Old 01-30-2013, 07:39 AM
Weezy Rider

Originally Posted by patchsamkim View Post
It is so worth it...If you have a sewing table where your machine sits down in your table, you don't need one, but if you sew with your machine on a table, it gives you a lot of flat sewing surface. I use mine mostly when I go to sewing days with my friends, or for retreats. But sometimes I like to sew in my dining room instead of my sewing room...there is a great view, and I use my acrylic table then too.
I have a sewing cabinet like that. I could not find an insert for the 1500s. I tried asking these table manufacturers if the table would work without legs. I asked All brands. I have an acrylic table that came with my Pfaff 2170, so I took the legs off that and covered the front of the gap. I finally got someone at Lowes to cut a cheap piece of acrylic to my specs. It's rough and a template, but it works for now. I have the extra pieces and can make an exact template for a better acrylic topper.

I looked at inserts from Allbrands and others. No one has an insert for a Koala or Horn. I have both cabinets, and there is no listing for the actual size of the cutout on these two cabinets. I have an insert for my 2170, but bought from a dealer. Are the inserts for these cabinets a dealer only item?