Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 AM
ontheriver

Originally Posted by Lynnc View Post
If you get cold in the evenings while watching TV don't turn up the heat, use an electric throw or blanket. It's cheaper to just heat up your legs than a whole room. Maybe even use a heating pad and a blanket. When I'm camping I use a hot water bottle.
I was freezing one day and had an ah ha moment. I got our heating pad, put it on the seat of my chair and put it on low. Warmed me right up, tush especially (LOL), when my hands get too cold it just sit on them for a minute and they heat right up. I think this is great as heating my house is almost impossible. I have a big log cabin, had ductless heat and air put in every room, but OMG if I use them my elect. bill is higher than most mortgages, so I try to do without heat. I have one small room that I closed off and use heat in, moved one of my machines in there and that's where I sew when the rest of the house is freezing. BTW, when just watching tv I am under a quilt with the heating pad and its really toasty. Want to have wood stove put in but no funds for it yet, am saving. And since I live out in the woods fuel is not going to be a problem, just cutting and collecting.