Old 01-30-2013, 10:26 AM
Freddie

Besides what everyone else already has said, I quilt with the PE 770. Her are some tips, I found useful. I have done numerous full size quilts. I sandwich the completed face, batting(warm and natural for me) and backing and use embroidery designs that are line drawings. Simple designs with a low stitch count. You'll find an enormous amount of designs on the web specificly fpr quilting. You don't need stabilizer when you hoop all three layers at the same time. Make sure that you open your hoops wide enough. Also when you quilt a full size quilt, make sure that all your extra material is on a table. I sometimes do the embroidery standing up and hold the material off the machine. You don't want the quilt to drag. It is a lot of work, (rehooping it all the time), but I like to do it. Good luck with your machine. At times it might be frustrating, but it is also a lot of fun.

Originally Posted by sandrab64 View Post
Woot! Took the plunge and ordered the Brother PE 770 embroidery machine (along with 40+ spools of thread, stabilizer, and pre-wound bobbins) and it's on its way to MY house! When I told my mom I ordered it she said, "Wow! So what are you going to embroider?" That question kind of stumped me because I don't think I gave a real coherent answer. Sure I'll do quilt labels and...ummmm...and....

My question now to you board members is "What types of projects do you use your embroidery machine for?"

Last edited by Freddie; 01-30-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: spelling error