View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:13 PM
KarynneStorm

Default It's okay to be a failure

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391831[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]391832[/ATTACH]

So, I spent a lot of time on these..and now I hate them and don't want to put them into a quilt that I will see on a regular basis, they ended up slightly different sizes and if I matched them all to the smallest one, it would be out of proportion and just weird. I have already started putting together smaller collections to make baby size quilt tops instead of the one queen size duvet I was going to make.

I learned a lot making these pink blocks. But they turned out so catty-wompus that I just can't even allow myself to make it into a quilt for my stepdaughter. I want something that is more polished. I had intended to put a fleur-de-lis in each white block since that is her favorite shape.

LESSON LEARNED: This is what happens when you are fearless and thinking you can just sew fabrics together and that will make a block. Not saying you can't do that, but I think I will be more successful once I have a lot more experience, knowledge(and quite a few more failures, I'm sure), and have followed a pattern more than once. I have 18 pairs left, enough for two more tops.

Now... what to do with them? 1) use them to learn on the long arm....

by the way, the pinks match a whole lot better than they appear to here.
Attached Thumbnails ugly-blocks.jpg   uglyblocks.jpg