Old 01-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Helovesme

Hi there. I've lived in Austin TX since 1996 and have seen this city grow so incredibly fast. Everyone is coming here. It's the most beautiful place to be and there is lots to do for all age groups. You can find just about any type of job here -- lots of big tech companies Dell, Samsung, Freescale, AMD, etc. and lots of health care clinics and facilities going up everywhere. University of TX has campuses all over the place if that's the type of work you are looking for. Austin and ALL THE SURROUNDING cities are growing so fast, city planners and road builders are having a hard time keeping up. You mentioned you were willing to commute 45 minutes - well, some days it takes me 30 minutes to travel 9 miles to work, sometimes takes me only the standard 15. However, with all that said, I don't know where else I would love to live. I love living here. Big city, small town feel. Yes, you have access to living out in the country, but it remains to be seen on how long that lasts. When we moved here, Cedar Park was considered living out in "the sticks" (or boondocks to some) and now we have an elementary school, a middle school, a high school AND a stadium right in our back yard. (You'd flip your lid if you knew what my property taxes are) I don't mind it, but for folks coming here and wanting "country living" could be in for a real shocker a couple of years later, because it won't be the country anymore. I hope this info helps. I am not trying to deter you in any way because again, I just love it here.

Blessings,
Judi Price