Old 01-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Mistyerin

Default what a beaut!

Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
I finally moved my Franklin back into its parlor cabinet yesterday. I had needed some repairs after I brought it into the house. The cabinet has been in my living room, next to the couch for a while and I finally decided they needed to be reunited. It looks so charming sitting there next to the couch.

The tension check spring (is that right?) was stretched out and I wasn't sure I could fix it, but with the help of a tutorial I found online, I took it apart and looked it over. I was told it couldn't be done, but I wrapped it around a pen and used pliers to bend it back into shape. Put it back together and it works!
I just acquired one like this with the scarab design in the cabinet with all original accessesories yet I am finding it quite difficult to find a manufacture year. All i can pin down is that it was made somewhere between 1877 and 1910 - I've only found two pictures online of the "exact" style I have..one is listed as 1877 the other 1910. Yet their asking prices are FAR more than I paid. ( thankfully!) any information you or anyone else may have would be appreciated! I have managed to get the serial number off it..but cannot find a database to research it.