Old 10-30-2009, 05:58 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by Gilla
Originally Posted by nanna
I have 401-A--my first machine. 2 years ago, for its 50th birthday, I took it for it's first repair. the belt was slipping and needed replaced.
never had a problem, and sewed my school clothes, kids clothes, and grandkids clothes. Have a viking now, but would never part with my 401A. HUMMM-wonder why the feed dogs still are in great shape, and my viking is on it's 2nd set, and really need to be replaced again. don't make 'em like they used to.
I had a 401A in 1959 from my husband as a wedding present. We did a lot of traveling, so I sold it. Since then I am on my FOURTH Viking. I still have the one from 1969 and a Designer 1 I bought last November. I also have a Singer Quantum XL I dealy would love to sell and a Serger I put uo on Craigslist with mixed emotions. I am in my late seventies, have had some serious health problems that are i remission currently. I don't indend to give up on life yet.

Gilla
Good for you !! That's what keeps us going. I'm a 12-yr. survivor of cancer AND a stroke. I value each day and each new yard of fabric. :lol: