Old 01-30-2013, 08:32 PM
TanyaL

I don't think you can get 10 acres within 45 minutes of downtown Dallas - maybe to the east of Dallas. Ft Worth would be a better bet. There are so many large surburbs around Dallas and the area from Ft Worth to Dallas is just one big city, no open area between them. You probably need to narrow your area down a little bit. As in most cities you will have to almost leave the counties the cities are in and go to the next counties to get acreage of that size.
There are horses everywhere and jobs are available. I guess it all depends upon what you are qualified for as to the job situation in your field.And it would depend upon where you were working as to whether or not you could drive to the country in 45 minutes or not and what time of day you were traveling. I wish you luck.

We moved here from Benicia, Ca. and have 2 acres but we are halfway between Ft Worth and Waco, definitely not a good commuting distance to either city. When we moved here the cost of living was much cheaper than Ca. but I really don't know how it compares now.

Last edited by TanyaL; 01-30-2013 at 08:36 PM.