View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Pat625

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill View Post
Well, I have been priding myself on my restraint so far. Last week, I had to buy a yard for a jeans bag for a customer. I stuck to it, and only got that yard, but then remembered I needed backing and border fabric to finish my McKenna Ryan quilt, so I bought only what I needed, and nothing else. Then, I just got an order for two jeans bags with themes I DON'T have in my stash, so, with resolve, I ventured out to find them, after shopping on-line and not finding anything that struck me. I found one at Joanns, the other at my LQS, and since I only needed a yard of each, THAT IS ALL I BOUGHT!! I must say, though, if it wasn't for DH waiting in the car for me, I think I would have been in trouble, especially, at the LQS! There was a whole bookcase of gorgeous blenders and prints on sale for $5-6.00 a yard. Unfortunately, the yard I got was not on sale and ended up paying $12.00 for it, but it is perfect for what I wanted. Now, checking through my stash of jeans, I didn't have a pair that suited (wanted brown denim), so off to look for a pair at the two second hand shops in town. Still didn't find brown, but ended up with a black pair that will be perfect, with light brown stitching and embroidery on the pockets. Anyway, I also walked out with 5 other pairs!!! Does that count as fabric??? I already have fabric I'll use for them. These will be added to my inventory of jeans bags for sale. Any leftover pieces of denim will go into my denim quilt, and I will be making I-Pad covers with them as well. I still feel I have been quite good, not buying just to add to my stash!!!
I would love to see pics of your bags!!