Old 01-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Thanks for the kudos sewNso that block on 1970 is one of my favorites. I did follow the basic sewing recommended at the thatquilt.com site

I finally made a graph paper chart myself with fabric swatches on it. I am almost finished with it [about 12 empty spaces for the center blocks - havent done the tris yet] I started simply putting pieces of the blocks I had completed, then I thought - I spend more time deciding what fabrics to use then actually sewing. If I am serious about trying to complete my Jane for my guild's show this September, I have to speed things up and make the fabric decisions now. Therefore - no sewing this past week. I surrounded myself with my Civil War fabrics and my chart and decided which fabrics should go where. It was a very lengthy process and I was real frustrated at one point because I did not have nor could I find any yellows I liked in my stash nor at local quilt shops...not even at Road to California - a huge quilt show out here with hundreds of vendors. I went online and found some great fabrics online at reproductionfabrics.com. In fact I ordered a couple of pink fabrics with larger prints and a great fabric for J-3 which shows a multi-print. They should arrive by the end of the week and then I will post a picture of my chart. It won't show which ones are complete unfortunately. But I have pinned the block number to each fabric piece so I can find it. I have the fabrics I used in another container. What I also discovered is that I repeated fabric in three sets of blocks... oh well!

I go on a 3 1/2-day quilt retreat a week from tomorrow and my Jane is all I intend to take this time. I just hope to do more than catch up ???
Gus