View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 AM
blueheavenfla

How very strange...today I spent several hours cleaning up my 306W and looking for a serial number on it. My machine is the brown godzilla finish. It will use cams but I don't have any of them. I will be watching CL and Ebay for some of the flat ones. I also need to get the ZZ throat plate. I'm planning on checking with Sew Classic to see if I can get one there when I get my little brunette her new belt. Also, can anyone tell me what bobbin this machine uses. I could find the manual for the 301 but of course there wasn't anything about what bobbin to use. When I used it last, about 25 or more years ago, it sewed like a champ but when I got some newer machines, this one get put aside. Now I want to use it for a class machine and keep it ready in a rolling bag so I can go on a moment's notice and sew with a friend and leave the computer machines at home. Did you find a serial number? DH found a number underneath on the front left but it didn't seem to be a serial number according to Ismac. I found another number but it didn't seem right either...oh well, I don't really need to know when she was "born". Enjoy your new found project!
Originally Posted by sewsimple View Post
I found this 306M in a barn. It turns freely but it needs a good cleaning, a belt, and a power cord. There are some chips in the paint around the base and on the end. Can these be fixed? I saw the thread entitled Cleaning and repairing the Shellac clear coat on Vintage sewing machine heads

Am I looking for the same technique here?