Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 AM
Airwick156

Hi everyone. I sure hope that everyone had a successful weight loss this month.
This was my very first one I joined thanks to my good buddy Patti (painiacs) who we joined together as a team.

Due to unseen circumstances in my personal life, I can not participate in Feb or March as I truly wanted to.
My husband suffers from mental illness (paranoia schitzophrenia)and has for a number of years from being in the military in Viet Nam. Over the past year or so, he has gotten worse and today things were horrible awful and he beat me up. I had to call the police and have him arrested. And that was no easy challenge to do as he took our only cell phone from me as I was dialing 911. I was able to get to a safe place to get help. I, after MONTHS of soul searching and praying and praying and praying even harder, I have chosen to leave for not only my safety, but my mental and physical well being. I am SOO SOO afraid that if I were to stay with him, that one night I will fall asleep and never wake up as I think deep in my heart that he would kill me. That is the most horrific thought someone could have to think that could happen. I am only able to take a few things with me because I have no car now as he took the keys from me. I am only able to take some of my clothes, my medications and insulins, this laptop oh and he will be mad when he realizes that...and my sewing machine!!! I can't take any of my sewing stuff or fabrics oh and I have to take my walker. My sewing machine will fit in my suitcase and I don't have but a few changes of clothes. I would so much appreciate it if you could keep me and him too in your prayers. I am so worried that he will try or succeed at commiting suicide. But I can not let that worry me into feeling guilty for having to leave. I hope that you all understand and not think bad about me. We had 11 wonderful years together. He was and still is and always will be my best friend. Here is my email address if anyone wants to keep in touch with me. I don't know how often I will be able to be on the internet but I will do my best to get on to come and check and see how everyone is doing on the Weight challenge. ))

Now...for my numbers.......On January 1, 2013, I weighed in at my doctors office at 256 pounds. Today I weigh 232 pounds. ) For a total weight loss of 24 pounds for the month of January.

Its been a hard struggle for me. I don't want to drink any more water!!! But I will keep drinking water. I stopped drinking diet soda on Jan 1st also and that was really hard to do as I was addicted. Yes I have had a diet pepsi on occasion. I walked alot..more then I ever thought I would be able to walk but with the help of my rollater walker I did it.

In my heart I really hope that I have won the challenge, but if I don't that is okay too. ))
I will always ALWAYS love my husband no matter what I married him for better or for worse but the worse is more then I can handle anymore.

I am very glad that I was able to participate in the January challenge. Good luck to everyone that goes forward with the next months challenge. God Bless you all.

Patti....(painiacs).....I LOVE YOU MY friend. )