Old 01-31-2013, 06:43 AM
clsurz

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
I hope we don't have any people on here signing up this month that don't intend to ever send a package. The vast majority of us are great swappers but every now and then we get some stinkers, usually people we don't know.
Please let's not start this again "people we don't know" and labeling them as deadbeats until they prove themselves as such. I experienced this on another swap recently being labeled as perhaps a deadbeat because a gal did not recognize me as being an avid swapper when I still had 19 days to send in my swap.

It is painful and hurtful to read that folks think newbies are deadbeats before they are given a chance to prove themselves and funny thing is I'm not a newbie and have been on here for 2 years although I don't join every swap there is.

Put yourself in a newbies place and think how you'd feel if others made the same claim you just did about them regarding you. How would you feel than being told that you don't trust them to fulfill there obligation just because they are a newbie.

I have seen some being on here more years than I have who don't always follow through or if they do a month or two after the fact you don't see "newbies" pointing a finger at them in a public forum.

We need to be more sensitive about such issues and not point fingers at any one person or group of individuals without just cause to do so.

If someone does not follow through simply contact them via a PM and ask if they are doing well and/or contact the moderator of the swap and see if they can find out for you.