Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 AM
sgardner

I love the Batiks, but one thing is certain- they NEVER photograph well. The sun has to be exactly correct on my kitchen floor to get the color close to accurate, but even then, the photo never picks up the vibrancy of the block. They always look better in person.

Josie, I need to let you know that I keep looking at my daughter's quilt- my first quilt- to keep me humble when my head starts to get too big. It was only squares, but is far from perfect. I wobbled all over the place on my seams. I finally learned to use those cheater foam buffers that I glued to my machine to keep a consistent seam until I learned how to keep a consistent seam without it. And, that was before I knew about starch and ironing things to keep them flat. So, just keep sewing, and you will get there. You learn something new with each project, even if it's only how to get more consistent seams or matching points better or how to keep rechecking your pattern so you don't put things in the wrong place, or how to get faster with your seam ripper. LOL