Old 01-31-2013, 11:06 AM
Janis

"The 201-2 is a great machine for quilting and other large projects. The potted motor doesn't lack anything for power. We're making a list of machines that are "keepers" and our 201-2 is at the top of the list. It's a very good machine.
Make sure how the one you're looking at is wired. They both use the same 3 prong cord connector block, but the portables are wired differently than the cabinet machines. Look at the rear of the cord block and make sure there isn't two wires cut off. If there is it was a cabinet model and will need to be rewired to prevent electrical problems.
It's fairly easy to fix, you just need to make sure.
Joe "
Thanks, Joe for the information. It will work without the base to put it in, won't it? If I need a base for it, I'll have to try and find someone to make one for me. I don't think I could make one myself. I'm handier at cutting fabric than I am of wood. And the hubby isn't that handy at all with the wood.
I'm thinking that it would cost between $23 and 30 something to get the control and cord from sew-classic. I'll have to see what they say today as to what they want for the machine, and if they can tell if the motor works.
Janis